Friday, August 04, 2017

Line Mar Match Box Construction 060 Apothecary Scales

I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

060. Apothecary Scales

This build had a few problems. In the illustration, there are three single-hole boxes. One on each arm, and one at the top of the post, supporting the arms. But the kit only comes with two single-hole boxes. So I had to substitute one of the longer 3-hole boxes.

The second problem was how to make the arms move up and down. The illustration suggests some additional assembly behind the center box, but I couldn't make it out. I decided to just put together what was visible and ignore the rest.

All in all, the apothecary scales were much easier to put together than the last few models. But we're only 40% of the way through this project. I'm sure I haven't seen the last of near-impossible builds.



No comments:

Post a Comment