Monday, May 18, 2015

Diabelli Project 091 - String Quartet

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

The results of my weekly flash composition exercise are always a surprise. When the timer started this week, I had no idea I'd be writing another string quartet fragment, but that's what happened. Time ran out before I could finish the last measure, but this is what I did in the time allotted. Including last week's entry, this makes five string quartet sketches (see: Diabelli Project 090Diabelli Project 085, Diabelli Project 079, and Diabelli Project 056). (click on image to enlarge)


Do they still all hang together? Well, yes. I think I can see how they all could be part of one larger work. But what about you?

As always, I make this sketch available for any and all to use as they choose. If you think this should go in a different direction, then please take it there. Just be sure to share the results!


No comments:

Post a Comment