Monday, January 19, 2015

Diabelli Project 075 - Percussion Trio

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

One good thing about writing percussion music -- most of the instruments only have a few tonal options, which makes the writing go faster. As you can see, I got quite far into this sketch before time ran out. I had written a percussion trio before as part of this series (see: Diabelli Project 055). In that sketch, one player had a tamborine. Another had timbales, but it could be part of a larger collection of drums that might include a snare drum. So potentially, this could be another part of the same piece. )(click on images to enlarge)




I might stitch the two sketches together, but you don't have to. What happens next? That's up to you. As with all the Diabelli Project sketches, I offer this freely to anyone who would like to use all or part of it. Just let me know the results!

Here's what the original looked like -- I think you'll agree it's much more readable in its current incarnation.



No comments:

Post a Comment