Monday, May 26, 2014

Diabelli Project 042 - Piano Piece

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This time around I tried something a little less ambitious -- a little piece for piano. Since I don't play piano that well (I probably could if I practiced more), I kept it simple. To me, it looks sort of like something Haydn might have written -- had he been alive today, that is.


So where does this little piece go next? That's up to you. If these eight bars have given you an idea, then I invite you to take it and run. Have fun! And please -- let me know of the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment