Monday, April 28, 2014

Diabelli Project 038 - Invention in B minor

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

A much shorter and simpler entry this week. I've said it's in B minor (two sharps), but it's really in Aeolian mode, as there's no leading tone (A-sharp). It's another sketch in 5/8. At some point I might revisit all of these Diabelli sketches in 5/8 -- perhaps I've been subconsciously writing a much larger work in installments! (click on image to enlarge)



As always, what happens next is up to you -- or anyone else who'd like to finish this piece. Just let me know what the results were.

No comments:

Post a Comment