Monday, February 17, 2014

Diabelli Project 029 - Invention in E minor

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

Consider this a baby step from last week's entry. Instead of a major key, I wrote this in a minor key -- albeit one I don't normally use. Note that I didn't use the raised seventh anywhere. I wanted to see if I could clearly establish a key without it.


 So where does it go from here? That's up to you, if you're included to finish it. No strings attached -- just let me know how it ended, and your completed version is yours free and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment