Monday, August 06, 2012

Running the Road to Recovery - 2

As I've outlined in the first post of this series, I'm working my way back to where I was in June -- able to run 3-4 miles at a decent (OK, mediocre) rate of speed. A secondary infection to my knees derailed my training. But only temporarily.

I kept the same pace, but significantly upped the distance. No physical problems, so far. This next week my goal is to get to the two-mile mark. Then I'll start decreasing the walking time and upping the running.

Sure, my pace is consistent. But it's consistently bad. At 2.88k/h it would take me almost 2 hours to complete a 5k race. That's about one hour too long (at least). Time to pick up the pace!

Date Time Distance Run/Walk Rate
8/5/12 29:49 1.76k 1 min./30 sec. 2.88k/h
7/30/12 13:30 .80k 1 min./30 sec. 2.88k/h

No comments:

Post a Comment